czwartek, 28 kwietnia 2016

Sambal sauce

Yesterday I had a craving for a pizza, I really had to eat it. I ordered my favourite one with a lot of cheese and salami and for the first time I ate it with sambal sauce instead of garlic. I have to admit, really, that it was the best spicy sauce that I've ever eaten! I checked a recipe immediately and I want to share it with you:

Ingredients

1/4 cup seeded dried hot red chilies
1/2 cup minced red bell pepper
1/3 cup minced onion
3 tablespoons minced garlic
2 tablespoons minced dried shrimp (or 1 teaspoon anchovy paste)
1/4 cup minced seeded fresh hot red chilies
2 teaspoons salad oil
3 tablespoons liquid tamarind concentrate (or lime juice)
1/3 cup firmly packed brown sugar
1/2 teaspoon salt

Preparation

1. Soak dried chilies in 1/4 cup hot water until soft, about 10 minutes. Whirl mixture in blender until smooth.
2. In a 10-inch frying pan over medium-high heat, stir bell pepper, onion, garlic, dried shrimp, and fresh chilies in salad oil until vegetables are limp, about 3 minutes.
3. Stir in dried chili mixture, tamarind concentrate, brown sugar, and salt; cook 2 to 3 more minutes.

As you can see, it's really spicy but I definitely recommend it to those who like it as much as me. ;)

Brak komentarzy:

Prześlij komentarz